Submission Deadline: April 12th, 2021
Abstracts sent by fax or post will not be admitted
“All accepted abstracts will be published on the ANNALS OF NUTRITION AND METABOLISM”
The Committees of the event cordially invite participants involved in Immunonutrition and related research areas to submit abstracts either for oral presentation or for poster presentation.
Please keep in mind that if accepted by the committee, at least one of its authors must be registered by April 15th, 2021. Therefore, it is essential to pay attention to correct spelling and punctuation, and to make sure all details are entered respecting the guidelines regarding format and style.
• Titles: In sentence case (not in capital or lower case only)
• Authors: without titles or degrees, one forename must be given in full, in sentence case (not in capital or lower case only)
• Affiliation: Name and address of department(s) and institution(s) to which the work should be attributed. In sentence case (not in capital or lower letters case only)
A. GENERAL RULES
1. The Committee only accepts original papers that have not been published in any national or international journal or presented at other events, scientific meetings, national or international conferences.
2. The abstracts will be submitted electronically through the official event website and reviewed anonymously by the Scientific Committee in a double-blind review. We recommend to carefully follow the instructions, since only those abstracts that fully comply with the abstract submission guidelines will be considered.
3. Papers that verse about intentions for future works or that constitute more opinions of the authors will not be admitted.
4. The final decision regarding the presentation modality (oral or poster presentation) is reserved for the Scientific Committee to make.
5. The number of abstracts by an author acting as the presenter, who should be registered to the event, is limited to 2.
6. The number of authors per abstract, including the main author or presenter, is limited to 6.
7. No changes on the abstract will be permitted after April 15th, 2021.
8. At least one of the authors (including the main author) must be registered to the event before April 15th, 2021.
9. The result of the abstracts evaluations by the Scientific Committee shall be unappealable. The Organization will reject those abstracts that do not conform to the standards set forth.
10. All notifications will be made via web / e-mail, thus it is essential to clearly indicate a correctly written e-mail address and contact number of the person who is going to present the abstract.
11. Abstracts will only be admitted if written in English.
12. The submission of the abstract presupposes the full acceptance of these criteria, abstract content and format, as well as the authorization for publication in a journal, abstract book or on the event website.
B. ABSTRACT FORMAT AND CONTENT
1. The submitted abstract shall contain the following information:
- Authors' names should be given without titles or degrees and one forename must be given in full.
- Name and address of department(s) and institution(s) to which the work should be attributed.
- Mailing address, e-mail address, telephone and fax numbers of the author responsible for correspondence about the manuscript.
• TITLE: concise, 15 words maximum in sentence case (not in capital or lower case letters only). Please don’t use abbreviations. The title of the paper should reflect the content.
The following aspects must be included:
• Financial Support
• Conflict of Interest
• Keywords: 5 keywords maximum.
Each paper must begin with a carefully prepared, accurate, informative abstract, in one paragraph, that is complete in itself and intelligible. The abstract should start with the objective / aim , followed by the key findings and ending in clear conclusion. It should not exceed 250 words.
Conflict of Interest
Conflict of interest exists when an author has interests that might inappropriately influence his or her judgement, even if that judgement is not influenced. Because of this, authors must disclose potentially conflicting interests so that others can make judgements about such effects. Please provide details of all known financial and non-financial (professional and personal) relationships with the potential to bias the work. Where no known conflicts of interest exist, please include the following statement: "None."
For more information on what constitutes a conflict of interest, please see the ICMJE guidelines.
Please provide a very brief description of the contribution of each author to the research. Their roles in formulating the research question(s), designing the study, carrying it out, analysing the data and writing the article should be made plain.
References should be presented in the Vancouver style. Within the text, citations should be numbered consecutively in the order in which they first appear in the text using superscript Arabic numerals in parentheses. If a reference is cited more than once the same number should be used each time. The references should be listed in numerical order at the end of the text. The name of the journal should be abbreviated (see http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/projects/linkout/journals/jourlists.fcgi?typeid=1&type=jou rnals&operation=Show ). For a detailed description of the correct form of references, please see the Directions to Contributors for the Proceedings of the Nutrition Society on the web site at http://www.nutritionsociety.org/publications/nutrition-societyjournals/proceedings-of-the-nutrition-society/.
2. Standardized abbreviations shall be used. When specific or unusual abbreviations are used, they shall appear in brackets after each complete term the first time they are used.
3. Review carefully the work before submission. No changes can be made after the submission deadline (neither on the abstract itself, nor on the authors’ names, their order or else).
C. ABSTRACT SUBMISSION PROCEDURE
All abstracts shall be submitted through the online form within the Scientific Area on the following website, according to the above-mentioned criteria:
If you encounter any difficulties during the submission process or for further information regarding abstract submission via website, please contact the Technical Secretariat by e-mail indicating in the subject: XII ISIN Conference on Immunonutrition Barcelona 2021.
IMPORTANT: Once you have sent your abstract via website, check that you have received a confirmation by e-mail. If you do not receive any confirmation, please send an e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
D. PRESENTATION FORMAT
1. Time for presentation: 10 minutes.
2. Presentation: Windows PowerPoint Projection. The use of the official templates for oral presentations is mandatory. It can be downloaded from the Scientific Area on the Event Website.
3. Material: USB Memory Stick. The presentation must be submitted to the designated area (which shall be detailed in the Event Program) at least 2 hours before the presentation. The use of personal notebooks for the presentation is not permitted.
Sponsored by Nutrients
• Best Oral Abstract Presentation: 230 € + Free full registration for one author to the next ISIN Conference
• Best Poster: 230 € + Free full registration for one author to the next ISIN Conference
The decision on the awarded abstracts will be announced during the closing ceremony, therefore we kindly suggest to attend the event.
Note: The awards or any of their categories may be declared void in the case the Scientific Committee deems it appropriate.